Fellow or Fellowship (FIMMM), is our most prestigious grade. It recognises those who have made a significant contribution or established a record of achievement in the materials, minerals, mining fields or other disciplines within the technical outreach of IOM3. Application for Fellow is open to both existing members and those not already in membership.
The Fellow grade can be applied for as a standalone grade or with professional registration from the Engineering Council (as a CEng, IEng or EngTech); the Science Council (as a CSci, RSci or RSciTech); or with the Society for the Environment (as a CEnv). However to do this you must hold the grade of Professional Member (MIMMM) beforehand.
Understanding the requirements and the process
The guide covers:
- the various different routes to Fellowship;
- the application process; and
- the documents that you will need to submit with your application
Making an application for Fellowship
- To apply for Fellowship, you will need to submit the appropriate application form.The form you need to complete depends on whether you are already a member of IOM3 or not, and if you also wish to apply concurrently for professional registration (eg CEng, CEnv or CSci). Further details are given in the Guide and the forms are available below.
- Your application must be supported by two referees. They should normally be FIMMM or a Fellow of another professional engineering and science institution or professional body of equivalent standing, and ideally have known you for 2 years. Referee pro formas are available at the bottom of this page.
IOM3 maintains a Register of Mineral Resources and Reserves Reporting (MRRR) practitioners. If you wish to be recognised by the Institute for the purposes of Minerals Reporting, please contact the Membership team. The process for recognition requires an interview.