IOM3 YOUNG PERSONS' LECTURE COMPETITION 2020 - SWMA HEAT
Want to see a range of fascinating presentations by passionate, young materials scientists? Then come and watch the South Wales Materials Association local heat for the IOM3 Young Persons’ Lecture competition! On the 11th February from 6pm in B003, Engineering Central, Swansea University Bay Campus.
This year we have five candidates who will be pitching their presentations as 2-minute elevator pitches to our audience who will vote for their favorite three. From there, the chosen three will get to present their 15-minute presentations. The winner will receive £100 and a place in the regional final!
We have a range of talented participants presenting so please make sure you come to hear their interesting presentations and to provide your support. For updates, check out: https://www.facebook.com/events/2598985016991277/
Plus, Free Pizza and Drinks!!
Our five Hopefuls are:
- Sudesna Shrestha: Developing the manufacturing process of stencil screen printing to produce polymer microneedles
- Sarah-Jane Potts: Screen-Printing, more than just a t-shirt press
- Ian Gibson: Car-sized Taps: Challenges in cooling steel at high speed
- Edward Tinashe Simbanegavi: Surface Oxides on Advanced High Strength Steels: Effect on Applications and Appearance
- Carlos Llovo-Vidal: Radiative heat transfer and why it matters