One-day course introducing the main principles for designing for sustainability and circularity
Metals, such as steel and aluminium have been used as packaging materials for decades and they continue to play a prominent role in the packaging mix. By studying this online course you will improve your knowledge and understanding of the structure, properties and processing of metals for packging applications.
This programme should take approximately 15 hours to complete and by the end of the course you should be able to:
- Identify and explain the common metals used in the packaging industry
- List the key ingredients in common types of metals used
- Define the useful properties of metals as packaging materials
- Explain how metal packaging is able to meet the functions of packaging
- Define the key steps in the manufacture of metal packaging
- Discuss the environmental impact of metal packaging
You are able to start this course at any time and work through the course material at your own pace. On completion of a simple assessment at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in recognition of your participation.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and understanding of the use of metalsin the packaging industry and on average it takes 15 hours to complete.
Register to undertake the online Metals in Packaging course