Over the last 50 years, the use of polymers in the packaging industry has grown tremendously and they continue to play a prominent role in the packaging mix. By studying this online course you will improve your knowledge and understanding of the structure, properties and processing of polymers for packging applications and address some of the key environmental issues associated with these materials.
This programme should take approximately 15 hours to complete and by the end of the course you should be able to:
- Identify and describe the common polymers used in the packaging industry
- Define the useful properties of polymers as packaging materials
- Describe how the structure of polymers affects their properties
- Explain how polymer packaging is able to meet the functions of packaging
- Define the key steps in the manufacture of polymer packaging
- Discuss the environmental impact of polymer packaging
You are able to start this course at any time and work through the course material at your own pace. On completion of a simple assessment at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in recognition of your participation.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and understanding of the use of metalsin the packaging industry and on average it takes 15 hours to complete.
Register to undertake the online Polymers in Packaging course