One-day course introducing the main principles for designing for sustainability and circularity
Glass has been used as a packaging material for centuries and it continues to play a prominent role in the packaging mix. By studying this online course you will improve your knowledge and understanding of the structure, properties and processing of glass for packging applications.
This programme should take approximately 10 hours to complete and by the end of the course you should be able to:
- Describe what is meant by glass and provide examples of both natural and man-made glasses
- List the key ingredients in common types of glass
- Define the useful properties of glass as a packaging material
- Explain how glass packaging is able to meet the functions of packaging
- Define the key steps in the manufacture of glass packaging
- Discuss the environmental impact of glass packaging
You are able to start this course at any time and work through the course material at your own pace. On completion of a simple assessment at the end of the course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in recognition of your participation.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to improve their knowledge and understanding of the use of glass in the packaging industry and on average it takes 10 hours to complete.
Register to undertake the online Glass in Packaging course