Transforming Foundation Industries Challenge launched
The Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge is offering 20 fully funded places as part of a pilot leadership programme with additional coaching, starting in Autumn 2023.
The £66mln Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge brings together the metals, glass, paper, ceramics, cement and bulk chemical industries to address environmental impact and global competitiveness.
Interested applicants should complete the self-nomination form and return it by 23:59 Friday 27 October 2023.
This challenge has come out of a comprehensive study carried out by the Enterprise Resource Centre (ERC), commissioned by TFI, that has highlighted the scarcity of diversity within boardrooms as a barrier to fostering innovation.
A key proposed solution is increased diversity within senior positions across the Foundation Industries.
The learning objectives for this leadership development include:
- Understanding and overcoming imposter syndrome
- Building strong relationships that benefit everyone
- Mastering your time, energy and focus
- Knowing how to influence assertively
- Making informed decisions and solving complex problems
- Creating opportunities – for yourself and for others across the Foundation Industries
To be eligible for this programme you must:
- Not hold a university degree
- Work in the Foundation Industries or their immediate supply chains
- Be a current leader (supervisory/managerial role) OR emerging leader (project/workstream lead)
- Aspire to reach leadership beyond the scope of your current role
- Not already have access to leadership training programmes within your organisation
As this is a funded programme, there is a requirement to fully commit to the programme and, if successful, there will be a requirement for line manager commitment to support delegates in their learning.
The time commitment is up to a maximum of four hours a month for the sessions which will run for 12 months virtually.
In the future the participants will be expected to act as an advocate for the future of the Foundation Industries, be a role model and mentor to others, and help drive change across the sector and beyond.Nomination form