IOM3 has a Mentoring Programme to support members who wish to achieve professional registration.
Mentoring support can be provided through our Central Mentors or through your company, if an IOM3-approved mentoring scheme exists. Central Mentors are currently available to support individuals on the path to all of the registrations we offer, as well as those looking to apply for our Fellowship (FIMMM) grade.
Our Central Mentors are trained and have a number of resources they can call upon, but are nonetheless members who kindly agree to mentor other members in their spare time. Their role is to work with the mentee to:
- review and critique the quality of the evidence being recorded against the competency framework;
- provide guidance on opportunities or experiences that could broaden and strengthen a mentee's professional development;
- advise when the time is right to submit an application;
- critique and support the application and provide any final tips before the mentee submits attends their Professional Review Interview.
If you are interested in being paired with a Mentor, please contact us via our mentoring enquiry form (member-only page).
The Institute has trained and established a network of company-based Mentors to support members in these companies who are seeking professional registration. They can currently be found in the following organisations:
- Afton Chemical Ltd - Bracknell
- BAM Nuttall
- BAM Ritchies
- British Steel - Scunthorpe
- Edif ERA - Leatherhead
- EDF Energy - Barnwood
- Element 6 - Didcot
- KBR - Leatherhead
- Metalysis - Sheffield
- National Physical Laboratory - Teddington
- Rolls-Royce - Derby
- Sellafield Ltd
- Tata Steel - Port Talbot
- Tata Steel - Shotton
- Wood plc - Warrington
If you would like to be put in touch with the Organising Mentor for any of these companies, please contact us via our mentoring enquiry form (member-only page).