The Institute's Annual General Meeting 2021 will be held on 14 September at 13:00 BST at The Diamond, Sheffield, UK, alongside the 12th European Electric Steelmaking (EEC) blended event. The meeting can also be attended online.
All members of the Institute may attend the Annual General Meeting, though only Corporate members in good standing (Honorary Fellows, Fellows, Professional Members, Associate Members and Technician Members) are entitled to vote. People attending in person will be able to vote during the meeting. If you cannot attend or intend to join online, please ensure that you vote using the Proxy/Voting Form (see links in Notes below).
The agenda is as follows:
Welcome and introduction by the President.
Approval of the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 3 September 2020.
A presentation by the President about progress in 2020 and future plans, followed by a Q&A session on matters arising from the presentation, the Annual Report and Financial Statements for 2020, and any other areas of IOM3. Members are encouraged to submit their questions in writing to [email protected]
Receipt of the IOM3 Annual Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2020.
Receipt of the report of the appointment of officers.
Re-appointment of RSM UK Audit LLP as an auditor to IOM3.
Approval of proposed changes to Bye-laws (Governance Modernisation Phase 3). The members in General Meeting hereby resolve that:
the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (hereinafter called ‘IOM3’) should adopt the recommendations from the Executive Board of IOM3 (hereinafter called ‘the Board’) and agree to amend the IOM3 Bye-laws in accordance with the document, Governance Modernisation Phase 3 – Bye-law Changes circulated to members for this General Meeting;
the Board be instructed to submit Bye-law amendments for approval by Her Majesty the Queen in Council, such approvals to take effect on such date as the Board shall determine;
the Board be hereby authorised to agree to any non-material changes to the wording of the Bye-laws amendments as required by the Privy Council and as may be necessary for the purpose of securing such approvals; and that
- Approval of proposed changes to Regulations as a consequence of Item 7. The members in General Meeting hereby resolve that:
IOM3 approves the consequent changes to Regulations set out in Governance Modernisation Phase 3 – Regulations Changes circulated to members for this General Meeting for implementation from the date of adoption of the Bye-laws.
Any other business
By the order of the Executive Board
Dr Colin Church, Chief Executive
28 June 2021
- All members of IOM3 may attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Corporate members (Honorary Fellows, Fellows, Professional Members, Associate Members and Technician Members) may vote on all matters.
- IOM3 Regulations for Conduct of General Meetings state that members in arrears of subscription of more than 3 months shall not be entitled to vote.
- All Corporate Members are eligible to vote and those not attending in person should do so by completing the form on bit.ly/2SbAGfI (login required)
- 2020 Annual Report and Financial Statements are available to download at bit.ly/IOM3Annual-Report-2020
- Read the report on appointment of officers
- Proposed changes to Regulations and Bye-laws will be available to download in mid-July at bit.ly/3st7q0J
- To attend the AGM, please register in advance via the booking button.
- If you wish to raise any questions, please send them to [email protected]