New IETF opening at end of May
The UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has launched a further competition window for applications to the Industrial Energy Transformational Fund (IETF).
The IETF supports industrial sites, such as manufacturing, mining, quarrying and material recycling, with high energy use to transition to a low carbon future. It targets existing industrial processes, helping with -
- • cutting energy bills by investing in more efficient technologies
- • reducing emissions by bringing down the costs and risks associated with investing in deep decarbonisation technologies.
Funding is allocated through a competitive process aimed at supporting the highest quality and most transformational bids. The £70million Summer 2022 window will support applicants based in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, both within and outside of industrial clusters. The competition will open for applications on 30 May and will run until 9 September 2022.
The competition will provide grant funding towards the costs of -
- • Feasibility and engineering studies - for potential deployment projects that will deliver energy efficiency or decarbonisation benefits if implemented, enabling decision-makers to make informed investment choices.
- • Deployment of mature energy efficiency - technologies that improve industrial energy efficiency and reduce energy demand (TRL 8-9).
- • Deployment of deep decarbonisation - technologies that reduce carbon emissions associated with the industrial process (TRL 7-9).
Examples of eligible technologies that could be deployed are process optimisation, process equipment upgrades, waste heat recovery, fuel switching and carbon capture and utilisation.
To view the applicant guidance and make an application for funding, visit the competition page.
Innovate UK is holding an online IETF Phase 2: Summer 2022 webinar Wednesday 8 June. Were businesses can hear about the scope of the competitions, eligibility criteria, and how to make an application for funding. Register here.