The role of energy technologies
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 is hosting a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week will showcase the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society.
The fourth day of the series will focus on the energy materials/processing industries and how along with facilitating the energy transition they can/will play a crucial role in decarbonization and the route to net-zero.
The day will concentrate on the different energy materials, the drive towards the energy transition (away from fossil fuel) and what companies are doing to reduce the carbon footprints of what are vitally important products to the economy.
Hear from a range of industrial, academic and policy experts as they explore the role of energy materials and the path towards the energy transition and how critical these industries are as vital parts of the overall strategy towards a net zero future. This session will look in more detail at:
- complementary low carbon technologies related to the manufacture and use of energy materials
- understanding of the role of energy materials in the drive towards low carbon technologies.
- an opportunity to discuss with industry and research leaders the challenges in bringing these new technologies to market.
You'll hear from
- The Hydrogen Strategy
Rita Wadey, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- The role of the Hydrogen Economy
Robert Sorrell, Henry Royce Institute
- The role of the energy transition in decarbonisation
0-100 in 25 years, the crucial role of CCUS in achieving Net Zero in the UK
The role of Carbon Capture, Use and Storage
- The webinar will be streamed live via Zoom and is available to join online from any location.
- The session will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch on-demand.
- All timings advertised are GMT/BST.
Sustainable Futures Week
This event is part of a week long series of webinars focusing on reaching net zero, click the link below to check out other sessions in the series.