The Future of Professional Bodies in a NZ World: Charter for Climate Action
As a signatory of the Professional Bodies Climate Action Charter, IOM3 is proud to be supporting an upcoming webinar on the 4 November. Our CEO Dr Colin Church CEnv FIMMM will be among the panellists.
This session will be led by E3G with the support of the signatories to the Professional Bodies Climate Action Charter (PBCAC), to engage professional bodies and the professionals they engage on their role on climate change, and foster a dialogue on working together towards net zero.
The event will comprise a presentation on the Charter, followed by a discussion between representatives from the professional bodies. The panel will be moderated by Heather McKay, Sustainable Finance Policy Advisor at E3G, and the panellists will include:
- Michael Izza, CEO of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Colin Church, CEO of IOM3
- Ethny Childs, Engagement and Communities Officer at the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
- Caroline May, Director at Aldersgate Group and Head of Environment, Health and Safety, Europe, Middle East and Asia at Norton Rose Fulbright
Topics of discussion:
- What does multi-disciplinary professional climate collaboration look like?
- How can young professionals entering the workforce be supported by professional bodies?
- What is the role of professional bodies in supporting their members with up-to-date best climate-aligned practices?
- What are the challenges to engage non-STEM sectors careers within climate action.
- How to mitigate professions at risk of being lost due to climate change?