Advances in Model-Based Control for the Process Industry
IOM3 is pleased to announce that we have a partnership with the various Nordic Country Chambers of Commerce, with a view to offering collaboration of benefit to both parties. To kick this off we are hosting an online fireside chat based around the topic of “Advances in model-based control for the process industry”. This is a cross-sector discussion, focussing on net-zero/decarbonisation and process efficiencies in the steel, polymer, light metals, and foundation industries.
What are the main challenges that we face across various sectors in process control & developments? What are the plausible solutions to these barriers? Join us to find out from the industry experts in the UK & Nordic countries what directions they see the automation and process control are going.
The key aims of this fireside chat include:
- Identifying the main barriers along the path to net-zero and decarbonisation
- Highlighting the solutions and best practice to the challenges
- Sharing and understanding the role of instrumentation and process control in guiding people along this path
13:00 - Welcome and introductions - David Arthur, IOM3
13:05 - Dr Peter Singstad of the Norwegian firm Cybernetica AS will open the discussion by giving a tutorial on the topic. Cybernetica offers model predictive control solutions to the process industry world-wide. The tutorial will include examples from the polymer industry, light metals and steel.
13:20 - Fireside chat from our panel discussing the topics, followed by an open floor debate involving the audience.
14:30 - Close of Event
You will hear from:
- (Finland) - Heli Helaakoski, Research Manager, Cognitive Production Industry, VTT
- (Norway) - Karly Sjølie, Inovyn
- (Norway) - Dr Peter Singstad, CEO, Cybernetica AS
- (UK) - Chris Melvin, Tata Steel UK
- (UK) - Nigel Martin, Technical Specialist - Titanium, Rolls-Royce plc
- This session is chaired by David Arthur, IOM3
Meet the speakers
In Partnership with: