Responsible Value Chains: Reducing Emissions
Achieving greater business sustainability through controlling and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the value chain. This award recognises organisations in the materials cycle who have:
- Made significant progress in reducing value chain (Scope 3) emissions, for example, associated with the production and use of a specific product, from cradle to grave, including emissions from raw materials, manufacture, transport, storage, sale, use and disposal, over a period of two successive years.
- Developed or applied what is judged to be best practice in reducing their Scope 3 emissions.
The award is open to all organisations operating in a value chain in the Materials Cycle. There are no geographical restrictions with the exception of sanctioned organisations or organisations in sanctioned countries, who may not enter.
The judges will be looking for:
- Baselined emissions using an appropriate emissions calculator and reporting of these in successive annual reports
- An effective strategy with clearly articulated goals, appropriate measures of success and evaluation of impacts
- Demonstrable targets for future progress
- New innovations or methods developed or applied to achieve reductions in emissions. Special commendation may be given for anything inspirational which is presented
- Early bird entry deadline: Friday 28 April 2023
- Final deadline for entries: Friday 2 June 2023
- Finalists announced: July 2023
- Awards Ceremony: Friday 20 October 2023 at Museum of London Docklands