IOM3 offers a range of publications for professionals in materials, minerals and mining:
Materials World is the IOM3 monthly members' magazine, specifically devoted to the engineering materials cycle, from mining and extraction, through processing and application, to recycling and recovery. Editorially, it embraces the whole spectrum of materials and minerals – metals, plastics, polymers, rubber, composites, ceramics and glasses – with particular emphasis on advanced technologies, latest developments and new applications, giving prominence to the topics that are of fundamental importance to those in industry. Materials World carries display and recruitment advertising - job vacancies are also posted online.
Clay Technology is the quarterly magazine of ICTa, an association of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, focusing on clay products such as tiles, pipes and bricks, innovative use of heavy clay products, and people within the industry. The magazine includes features, news from the industry, economic updates and event previews.
Every IOM3 member is entitled to a free subscription to either Materials World or Clay Technology. These magazines are also available by subscription.
The Institute's refereed journals are published by Taylor & Francis and include the following:
- Applied Earth Science (IMM Transactions section B)
- Advances in Applied Ceramics: Structural, Functional and Bioceramics
- Corrosion Engineering, Science and Technology (formerly British Corrosion Journal)
- Energy Materials: Materials Science & Engineering for Energy Systems
- Interdisciplinary Science Reviews
- International Heat Treatment & Surface Engineering
- International Materials Reviews
- International Wood Products Journal (formerly Journal of the Institute of Wood Science)
- Ironmaking & Steelmaking
- Materials Research Innovations
- Materials Science & Technology
- Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy (IMM Transactions section C)
- Mining Technology (IMM Transactions section A)
- Plastics, Rubber & Composites: Macromolecular Engineering
- Powder Metallurgy
- Science & Technology of Welding & Joining
- Steel World
- Surface Engineering
- Tribology – Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces
IOM3 members have free online access to all journals.
The Institute has a book publishing programme which is fulfilled throughCRC Press.
Selected proceedings and papers from events organised by the Institute are available through our Library Services.
IOM3 is responsible for publishing IMMAGE, the world's foremost reference database of abstracts and citations of scientific and engineering literature for the international minerals industry.