Reaching Net Zero: The Role of Education and OutreachPlease login or create your My IOM3 Account to access this on-demand webinar
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 is hosted a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week showcased the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society.
The last day of this week long series of events focused on the key aspect of people and how having the right people, with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time is key to facilitating decarbonisation and the route to net zero.
This session will looked in more detail at:
- A broad perspective on the opportunities and challenges related to getting the right people with the right skills, in the right place and the right time who can deliver complementary low carbon technologies related to the manufacture and use of energy materials
- An understanding of the needs for skilled people in the drive towards low carbon technologies.
- An opportunity to discuss with industry and research leaders the challenges in bringing these new technologies to market and how we can help train and develop people.
You will hear from
- Reaching out to the next generation
- The role of green apprenticeships
Emma Wilcox, Society for the Environment
- Inspiring the next generation of earth scientists from all walks of life
Olimpia Pilch, Critical Minerals Association
Diane Aston, IOM3