Practical Roll Pass Design 1
The Foundations of Rolling Theory and Roll Pass Design - view on demand
1. Foundations of Rolling Theory and Roll Pass Design
This session covers the fundamentals of rolling theory and practice that are common across all aspects of hot rolling and foundation aspects of Roll Pass Design for sections.
- Rolling Theory & Terminology
- Rolling methods and groove types
- The anatomy of a shaped groove and common terms
- Roll Pass Design as a Process
- Drawing the groove - Construction
Your tutor - Simon Wright, SJW Mill Consulting
In 2018 on returning to the UK he set up as an independent consultant offering expert services to businesses with Section Mills in the areas of Roll Pass Design, Roll Performance, Product Quality and new Product development. He is currently active mainly in the Middle East.
This course is approved for Professional Development by the Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining.