FEMS EUROMAT goes virtual for 2021
FEMS EUROMAT will take place on 12–16 September 2021 virtually. The abstract deadline has now been extended to 31 March 2021.
Gerhard Hackl, Chief Executive of ASMET and FEMS President Prof Eric Le Bourhis said, 'Despite the progress of the vaccination rollout across Europe, EUROMAT 2021 had to be moved online to ensure the safety of our delegates’ as our number one priority and make the event more accessible to everyone as an online format. We hope to see many of you there.’
EUROMAT is the premier international congress in the field of materials science and technology in Europe. This conference will continue a successful series of material science conferences. The main objective is to foster knowledge transfer and exchange of experiences amongst delegates with academic and industrial backgrounds.
This year’s plenary speakers include:
- Merete Tangstad, Professor at Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Professor Lore Thijs, Manager, Direct Metal Printing Engineering
- Helmut Clemens, Professor at Chair of Physical Metallurgy and Metallic Materials, Department of Materials Science
- Professor Dr Claudia Draxl, Professor at Institute for Theoretical Solid-State Physics at Humboldt-Universität Berlin
- Dr Elvira Fortunato, Professor and Vice-Rector for Research Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, Director of Centre for Materials Research (CENIMAT)
- Professor Josef Fugger, Senior Director R&D at Infineon Technologies, Austria.
Key dates to remember:
- Abstract submission extended deadline (300 words): 31 March 2021
- Extended deadline for the notification of acceptance: until 30 April 2021
EUROMAT is the premier international congress in the field of materials science and technology in Europe.The main objective is to foster knowledge transfer and exchange of experiences amongst delegates with academic and industrial backgrounds.