|IRCO have been providing delegates with first-class conferences since 1966. In 2009 the IRCO Committee decided to re-introduce the RubberCon series, starting in 2011. This series provides for smaller, more specialised events, but still adhering to the high IRCO standards. It was awarded to us back in 2013 at the IRCO meeting in Paris.||
This conference will focus on the use of elastomers and elastomeric materials for a wide range of products and applications and will be spread over two days. There are seven themes:
- Elastomer Products including: Tyre; On road and off-road vehicles including the novel challenges of electrical drive systems; Aerospace, rail, marine & defence; Mining, mineral extraction, oil and gas; Sealing applications; Biomedical and healthcare; Agriculture; Sport, leisure and consumer products; Energy generation including nuclear; Latex products; NVH Challenges; Other novel emerging applications
- Material developments including: Polymers with a focus on novel or speciality elastomers, elastomers for extreme conditions, thermoplastic elastomers, functionalised elastomers, self-healing elastomers and elastomer foams and gels; fillers and additives including nanoscale or functionalised fillers
- Material processing including: Process Innovation; Additive manufacture; Cure chemistry and kinetics
- Sustainability including: Bio-derived materials; materials recycling; reduced carbon emmisions during manufacture and in service
- Characterisation and testing of materials and products including: Thermal and viscoelastic behaviour; Failure mechanisms including ageing, fatigue and chemical degradation; Lifetime prediction
- Modelling including: Constitutive modelling of the materials and product design; Tribology, friction and wear; process modelling and optimisation; Systems design
- Smart materials including: Sensing and actuation; Electro active polymers; Soft robotics; Intelligent traceability in product development
Who Should Attend
RubberCon 2023 will be invaluable to:
- Academic Researchers or Scientists who are working with materials chemistry, product development of elastomer materials
- Innovation Scientists who are looking for new and innovative solutions for the use of elastomers
Benefits of Attending
- Find out what new technologies are emerging in the rubber sector particularly with respect to sustainability and the drive to new zero carbon emissions.
- Discover how to extend the range of demanding environments in which elastomer products can operate.
- Understand how to better model and exploit the behaviour of elastomers in new, novel and emerging technologies.
If you have any questions about this event please email us