What to expect on-site
The Diamond, the University of Sheffield's largest ever investment in teaching and learning facilities, will create a fantastic environment for the conference, with a large range of lecture theatres, seminar rooms, open-plan spaces and IT services.
EEC 2021 benefits from exclusive use of the lower level events space. Safety and hygiene measures are continually reviewed and updated to provide a safe and comfortable environment to ensure our delegates enjoy the event:
- Floor markings in place for cloakroom, bathroom and catering queues
- Floor plans to indicate exhibition and networking flow
- Enhanced, stringent cleaning regime
- Sterilisation of speaker equipment after every session
- Additional hygiene signage throughout venue
- First-aid points with PPE available to first responders and dedicated room, if required for temporary isolation purposes
- Hand sanitising facilities at reception areas, toilets, cloakrooms and food service areas
- Catering service methodologies to minimise customer and staff contact with food and drink items. Catering staff equipped with appropriate PPE at all times
The online experience
For those facing travel restrictions, we will bring the conference to you with a fully interactive online platform to ensure that you do not miss out on the valuable networking and quality technical content. The online element runs as if you were at the venue - starting with a plenary and flowing into breakout sessions.
For Delegates. Delegates will receive a link to access the Event Interface where they can:
- Move between plenary and breakout rooms
- Networking space for focused collaborations with peers and industry experts
- Interact with Edinburgh events in the online social room
For Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Virtual exhibition stand in the e-Exhibition Hall
- Satellite Sessions: opportunities for sponsors and exhibitors to deliver their own sessions.
An interactive app which facilitates live Q&A’s, polling and surveys, as well as individual or group discussions.