Enablers of Transformation in the Foundation Industries
This workshop is a collaboration between Transforming Foundation Industries Network+, TransFIRe and the Leeds University Business School exploring how Foundation Industries can effectively engage with policy makers and embed business models to enable transformation across sectors.
The workshop will include a panel discussion, interactive workshop, keynote and short presentations. We will hear more on government policy, supply chains and business models and how they can be effectively utilised and integrated to boost innovation and transformation in Foundation Industries.
- 10:00 – Registration and refreshments
- 10:20 – Welcome and introductions by Prof Susan Bernal Lopez and Prof Vera Trappmann
- 10:30 – Introduction to TFI Network+ by Director Professor Ian Reaney
- 10:45 – Keynote speaker - Dr Effrosyni Tzoura, Innovation Manager at Ferrovial
- 11:15 – Dr Ben Walsh, Deputy Director Transforming Foundation Industries Challenge at Innovate UK
- 11:35 - Dr Diana Casey, Director at Mineral Products Association Cement
- 11:50 – Coffee break
- 12:00 – Panel discussion moderated by Prof Cameron Pleydell-Pearce
- Panel members - Lucy Smith (Materials Processing Institute), Alice Owen (University of Leeds), Steven Yearley(University of Edinburgh and TransFIRe), Zhaleh Najafi Tavani (Leeds University Business School) and Zlatko Bodrozic (Leeds University Business School).
- 13:00 – Networking lunch
- 13:45 – Interactive workshop led by Prof William Sampson
- 15:00 – Closing remarks and next steps
- 15:15 – Event close
Some portions of the event will be livestreamed, however we are only able to facilitate limited interactive elements and there may be portions of the day not available to virtual delegates. This workshop is aimed at primarily Industry members of Foundation Industry sectors but we welcome registration from all.