Bonding of Composites: Design, Testing and Repair
Composites are extensively used in industry and promoting quality durable bonding is essential for durable and safe structures.
Drawing together two disciplines of adhesive/adhesion science and composite technology, this two-part webinar series aims to educate delegates on the advantages and problems of adhesive bonding associated with composite materials.
Featuring presentations from leading academic and industry figures, this webinar focuses predominantly on the design, testing and repair of composite bonding.
By attending this webinar you will
- Discover the latest research and development activities relating to joining and adhesive bonding of polymer composite materials
- Gain awareness of benefits, issues and current limitations of adhesive bonding of composites relating to sustainability
- Understand the career opportunities for students
Who should attend?
This webinar is targeted to adhesive developers and suppliers, surface treatment developers and users, designers of lightweight structures, research organisations working in the adhesion science area, alongside those working in structures for transport applications (e.g. aircraft, electric vehicles).
The content would also be of interest to academics, researchers and students who wish to further their careers in the disciplines of adhesive science and composite fabrication.
Welcome & Introduction
Recent developments in composite surface treatments: an editors view
The modern epoxy composite boat
Vibration tests for non-destructive examination of composite materials and sandwich structures
Break & networking
Impact of composite repairs
A review of composite to metal joining using through thickness enhancement
Closing comments and thoughts
- The webinar will be hosted on Zoom.
- The session will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch on-demand.
- All timings highlighted are GMT.
Society for Adhesion & Adhesives
Promoting research and development in adhesive materials and the science of adhesion
Other events in this series
Two-part webinar series focusing on the relationship between adhesion science and composite materials.