Mechanical testing is an important part of understanding how materials behave and how they will operate in service. It is a key piece in the jigsaw of materials design and selection. The knowledge gained from the course will assist engineers and designers when specifying materials.
The course has two options. It will be run as three two-hour Virtual courses held from 2300 to 0100BST on 20, 22 & 23 June, which will allow Delegates from overseas to attend. It will also have a Classroom course run from Grantham on 12 October.
It will cover:
1. Principles of mechanical testing
- Why test?
- The importance of testpiece location
- Results - what do they mean?
2. Tensile, hardness and toughness testing
- Fundamentals of tensile testing
- Methods of hardness testing and relationship with other properties
- Impact and fracture toughness testing
3. Special methods of testing
- Fatigue testing
- Examples of corrosion testing
- Welding qualification
- Microstructural analysis
4. Evaluation of test results
- Common problems
20, 21 & 22 June
18.00 – 20.00 EDT
23:00 - 01.00 BST
21, 22 & 23 June
08.00 – 10.00 AEST
Register here to book on to:
An Introduction to Mechanical Testing - Grantham
9:30 - 16:30 12 October 2022