Mechanical testing is an important part of understanding how materials behave and how they will operate in service. It is a key piece in the jigsaw of materials design and selection. The knowledge gained from the course will assist engineers and designers when specifying materials.
The full course will be run as three two-hour webinars held from 1000 to 1200 on 8, 9 and 10 November. It will cover:
1. Principles of mechanical testing
- Why test?
- The importance of testpiece location
- Results - what do they mean?
2. Tensile, hardness and toughness testing
- Fundamentals of tensile testing
- Methods of hardness testing and relationship with other properties
- Impact and fracture toughness testing
3. Special methods of testing
- Fatigue testing
- Examples of corrosion testing
- Welding qualification
- Microstructural analysis
4. Evaluation of test results
- Common problems
Register now to attend the FREE Mechanical Testing Webinar on 19 October 2021.
Register now to attend the virtual Mechanical Testing course on 8, 9 and 10 November 2021.