Responsible Operations: Reducing Emissions
In recognition of the efforts made by organisations to reduce the GHG emission footprint of their business operations including:
- Significant progress in reducing Scope 1 and 2 emissions over a period of three successive years
- Development or application of what is judged to be best practice in reducing Scope 1 and 2 emissions
- Where relevant, adoption of new and innovative technologies to improve the sustainability of manufacturing processes.
The award is open to all organisations operating in the materials cycle and is applicable for progress made in the last 4 years. There are no geographical restrictions with the exception of sanctioned organisations or organisations in sanctioned countries, who may not enter.
The judges will be looking for:
- A company ethos of moving towards net-zero operations
- Baselined emissions using an appropriate emissions calculator and reporting of these in successive annual reports
- Demonstrable targets for future progress
- New innovations or methods developed or applied to achieve reductions in emissions. Special commendation may be given for anything inspirational which is presented
- Early bird entry deadline: Friday 28 April 2023
- Final deadline for entries: Friday 2 June 2023
- Finalists announced: July 2023
- Awards Ceremony: Friday 20 October 2023 at Museum of London Docklands