Reaching Net Zero: The Role of the Extractive Industries
Catch up on the IOM3 Sustainable Future Week webinars. This is webinar 3 of 10.Please login or create your My IOM3 Account to access this on-demand webinar
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 hosted a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week showcased the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society.
The second day of the series focused on the extractive industries and how they play a crucial role in decarbonisation. This includes the role of mining, how critical raw material extraction are vital parts of the overall strategy towards a net-zero future.
Hear from a range of industrial, academic and policy experts as they explore the role of extractive industries in reaching Net Zero. This session looks in more detail at:
- complementary low carbon technologies related to extraction and use of materials
- understanding the role of materials in unlocking these low carbon technologies.
- an opportunity to discuss with industry and research leaders the challenges in bringing these new technologies to market.
You'll hear from
- Mining and net-zero: a complicated relationship
Rohitesh Dhawan, ICMM
- The role of mining in the quest to reach net zero
Arjun Bhalla. IFC
- Lithium and the Energy Transition
Lucy Crane, Cornish Lithium