The role of the extractive industries
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 is hosting a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week will showcase the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society.The second day of the series will focus on the extractive industries and how they play a crucial role in decarbonization. This will include the role of mining, how critical raw material extraction are vital parts of the overall strategy towards a net-zero future.
Hear from a range of industrial, academic and policy experts as they explore the role of extractive industries in reaching Net Zero. This session will look in more detail at:
- complementary low carbon technologies related to extraction and use of materials
- understanding the role of materials in unlocking these low carbon technologies.
- an opportunity to discuss with industry and research leaders the challenges in bringing these new technologies to market.
You'll hear from
- Mining and net-zero: a complicated relationship
Rohitesh Dhawan, ICMM
- The role of mining in the quest to reach net zero
Arjun Bhalla. IFC
- Lithium and the Energy Transition
Lucy Crane, Cornish Lithium
- The webinar will be streamed live via Zoom and is available to join online from any location.
- The session will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch on-demand.
- All timings advertised are GMT/BST.
Sustainable Futures Week
This event is part of a week long series of webinars focusing on reaching net zero, click the link below to check out other sessions in the series.