The role of resource efficiency and the circular economy
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 is hosting a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week will showcase the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society. The first day of the series will explore the role of resource efficiency and the transition to a more circular economy in reaching net zero.
Better use and management of resources will be fundamental to the transition to net zero greenhouse gas emissions and yet is often overlooked in climate debate and policy.
This event will explore the potential contribution of resource efficiency and the circular economy to both reaching the UK net zero target and reducing global emissions associated with UK consumption.
Hear from a range of industrial, academic and policy experts as they explore the role of resource efficiency and the circular economy in reaching Net Zero. This session will look in more detail at:
- the resource efficiency opportunities and challenges for industry including construction and transport
- the role of well-designed packaging in reaching Net Zero
- the need for more effective recovery and reuse of critical raw materials and a shift towards a more circular economy for electronics
You'll hear from
- Net Zero: Why resource efficiency holds the answers
Keith James, WRAP
- The role of packaging in reaching net zero
Margaret Bates, OPRL
- Why resource efficiency must be at the core of industrial strategy
Julian Allwood, University of Cambridge
- Industrial decarbonisation: the role of resource efficiency
Sophie Parsons, National Composites Centre
- The webinar will be streamed live via Zoom and is available to join online from any location.
- The session will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch on-demand.
- All timings advertised are GMT/BST.
Sustainable Futures Week
This event is part of a week long series of webinars focusing on reaching net zero, click the link below to check out other sessions in the series.