The role of manufacturing and materials
As part of its Sustainable Future theme to help build momentum ahead of COP26, IOM3 is hosting a week of virtual events across 6-10 September. This week will showcase the vital role of professionals in materials, minerals and mining in the transition to a low carbon, resource efficient society.
The third day of the series will explore the role of materials in mitigating climate change. The day will concentrate on the different materials types and what companies are doing to reduce the carbon footprints of what are vitally important products to the economy.
This webinar will focus on the materials and processing industries and how they can/will play a crucial role in decarbonization and the route to net zero. This will include the role of materials and how they are made, processed and used and how critical these industries are as vital parts of the overall strategy towards a net zero future.
Hear from a range of industrial, academic and policy experts as they explore the role of manufacturing and materials in reaching Net Zero. This session will look in more detail at:
- complementary low carbon technologies related to the manufacture and use of materials
- an understanding of the role of materials in unlocking these low carbon technologies.
- an opportunity to discuss with industry and research leaders the challenges in bringing these new technologies to market.
You'll hear from
- TFI Network +
Sustan Bernal Lopez (University of Leeds)
- TransFIRe network
Mark Jolly, Cranfield University
- Decarbonising the manufacture of iron and steel
Mark Allan, Materials Processing Institute
- Decarbonisation and the built environment
- Polymers and decarbonisation
Professor David Hughes, Teesside University
- Life cycle analysis and titanium alloys
Dr Masoumeh Faraji
- The webinar will be streamed live via Zoom and is available to join online from any location.
- The session will be recorded and all registrants will receive a link to watch on-demand.
- All timings advertised are GMT/BST.
Sustainable Futures Week
This event is part of a week long series of webinars focusing on reaching net zero, click the link below to check out other sessions in the series.