Enabling Net-zero: Sustainable Materials & Technology
Materials, minerals and mining play vital roles in the transition to a low carbon resource efficient society, including contributing to the progress of other sectors. This includes meeting the challenges of materials extraction, energy efficiency, intelligent product design, responsible and sustainable material choices and processes, innovative manufacturing and effective end-of-life management.
The award is open to organisations or individuals from the idea or incubation stage of development through to commercial stage projects.
The judges will be looking for:
- An example of materials, minerals and/or mining enabling emissions' reductions and/or better resource management in other sectors
- Process or material selection that contributes to emissions reduction
- Reduction in material usage and waste production
- If at pilot/laboratory stage evidence of scaling up
- Partnerships and collaboration including between academia and industry
- Early bird entry deadline: Friday 28 April 2023
- Final deadline for entries: Friday 2 June 2023
- Finalists announced: July 2023
- Awards Ceremony: Friday 20 October 2023 at Museum of London Docklands