New IOM3 Bye-laws come into force
From 7 September 2022 the new IOM3 Bye-laws take effect.
These changes relate to phase 3 of IOM3 Governance modernisation as approved by IOM3 members at the Annual General Meeting in 2021 and were approved by the Privy Council Office in August 2022.
The main changes in this revision are:
- A simpler, more streamlined membership grade structure
- Formally allowing for General Meetings to be held in a hybrid manner (ie both in person and online attendance)
- Clarifying some issues around Executive Board members
- Ensuring gender-neutral language is used throughout
- Creating a new professional registration (“Qualified for Minerals Reporting”, or QMR) for members involved in mineral resources and reserves reporting
We believe these most recent Bye-law changes allow IOM3 greater opportunities to achieve our mission to be recognised as the global leader for professionals involved with the materials cycle.