IOM3 appoints Commercial Activities Board members
The Board is charged with providing strategic, non-executive direction for the Institute’s non-membership revenue generating activities, whether undertaken by the Institute itself as primary purpose trading or by its commercial subsidiaries. These include:
- Academic and member publishing
- Advertising and sponsorship
- Conferences and events
- Digital information and library services
- Venue hire
IOM3 CEO Dr Colin Church FIMMM CEnv said, ‘The trading activities of the Institute enable it to provide a wider range of services to its members and help it meet its charitable purpose. Bringing this diverse group of talented individuals together to help us develop our trading strategy and make the most of the opportunities will help IOM3 ensure it has sustainable revenue streams going forward.’
The members of the Board are:
- Jan Lewis CEng CEnv FIMMM (Chair) – independent consultant and IOM3 Trustee
- Michael Agyeman CEng MIMMM – Process Improvement Engineer at Special Metals.
- Maurizio Carano – Marketing Director Italy at Aliaxis, a global leader in plastic piping system.
- Jim Hannigan CEng MIMMM – Head of Skills Capability, National Manufacturing Institute Scotland.
- Kristina Lawson – Specialist in rubber industry marketing, promotion & information.
- Daniel Parvaz MIMMM – Director of Lightning Machines Mineral Processing Consultancy.
- Tina Rippon FIMMM – Market Development Manager at CSL Silicones Inc.