Professional Graduate (ProfGradIMMM)
The Professional Graduate grade (ProfGradIMMM), is the second step in a graduate's professional journey. It is awarded once you have gained two years of relevant working experience, which can include time spent undertaking an internship or completing a PhD.
Benefits of this membership grade
Individuals holding this grade enjoy the following bespoke benefits in addition to those open to all members:
- Receive a member magazine of your choice: Materials World or Clay Technology.
- Have access to the premium content, career development opportunities and supporting tools available through the IOM3 website
- Are eligible for member discounts on events and courses, and for example on promotions such as books and publications which are made available from time to time
- Can use the designatory letters 'ProfGradIMMM' after your name.
- Can apply for an Interim Assessment of your professional experience to date for the purposes of professional registration as, for example, a CEng or IEng.
- Can have access to a Mentor to support your path to professional registration.
Hold a Masters' or Bachelor's degree in a Materials Cycle or related science, engineering, or technology subject and have two years' relevant working expereince.
How to apply for Professional Graduate membership
In the first instance you will need to submit the following documents, and we will then take you through the application process.
- a copy of your CV/resume.
- a copy of your degree/qualification(s) certificates, unless these have previously been submitted to the Institute.
Professional Registration (CEng, IEng, CSci, RSci, CEnv)
The Institute is licenced to award professional registration to suitably members operating as engineering, science and environmental practitioners. Becoming a Professional Graduate member is a step on this professional journey.