The Graduate grade (GradIMMM), is the first step on the professional path. It is usually awarded immediately after graduation.
Benefits of this membership grade
Individuals holding this grade enjoy the following bespoke benefits in addition to those open to all members:
- Receive a member magazine of your choice: Materials World or Clay Technology.
- Have access to the premium content, career development opportunities and supporting tools available through the IOM3 website.
- Are eligible for member discounts on, for example, events and on promotions such as books and publications which are made available from time to time.
- Can use of the designatory letters 'GradIMMM' after your name.
- Can apply for an Accreditation Certificate which confirms the suitability of your qualifications for professional registration as, for example, a CEng or IEng.
- Have access to a Mentor to support your path to professional registration.
Hold a Masters' or Bachelor's degree in a Materials Cycle or related science, engineering, or technology subject.
How to apply for Graduate membership
In the first instance you will need to submit the following documents, and we will then take you through the application process.
- a copy of your CV/resume.
- a copy of your degree/qualification(s) certificates, unless these have previously been submitted to the Institute.
Professional Registration (CEng, IEng, CSci, RSci, CEnv)
The Institute is licenced to award professional registration to suitably members operating as engineering, science and environmental practitioners. Becoming a Graduate member is the first step on this professional journey.