Fundamentals & Industrial Applications of HIPIMS
The traditional scope of High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering plasma and coating technology is now extended to include a broad range of technologies for plasma coating, plasma surface treatments and non-plasma advanced surface engineering.
The conference aspires to:
- Promote High Power Impulse Magnetron Sputtering (HIPIMS) as a novel technology for surface modification and coating deposition
- Provide a scientific forum to discuss the fundamentals of plasma science and thin film growth and exchange ideas about new industrial applications of HIPIMS
- Bring together the surface engineering communities for plasma coating, plasma surface treatments and non-plasma advanced surface engineering
- Connect the academic research community with the industrial world to foster progress of plasma-based technologies.
The main conference will take place from Wednesday 15 to Friday 17 June, however, the three short tutorial courses on 13 & 14 June and delivered by the Society of Vacuum Coaters are also Approved for CPD. These will cover:
- Introduction to HIPIMS
- Application of reactive sputtering
- HIPIMS applications