European Metallurgical Conference 2023
GDMB organises the most important, biennial conference for non-ferrous metallurgists in Europe - the European Metallurgical Conference (EMC). This conference provides an unique opportiunity for representatives from science, industry and authorities for discussing challenges and requirements of the non-ferrous metallurgical industry sector, of expanding their business networks and of meeting representatives of international organisations.
EMC 2023 takes place from 12-14 June 2023 in Duesseldorf in Germany. It is dedicated to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and enablers of the electrified age. Key topics are (1) hydrogen for metallurgical processes and energy production, (2) lithium extraction from geo resources and waste, and (3) methods for the de-carbonisation of production processes.
EMC 2023 - HOMEPAGE
EMC 2023 - PROGRAM
Key note speakers
- Mona Neubaur, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Action and Energy , North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Sven Becker, CEO Trianel GmbH and Regional Chair BDEW NRW
- Max Gierkink, Manager EWI, University of Cologne
- Miguel Palacios, EVP General Metallurgy, Atlantic Copper
- Dr. Heiko Arnold, COO Custom Smelting & Products, Aurubis AG
- Nils Voermann, Global Managing Director, Hatch Ltd
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Hilgers, Applied GeoSciences and THINKTANK Industrial Resources Strategies, KIT