This one-day, classroom-based course is suitable for anyone that carries out workplace inspections or that supervises or advises on inspections, including members of safety committees. Through a mixture of lectures and group discussions, learners will gain an understanding of the requirements for inspections in quarries and the knowledge to plan and conduct an inspection effectively with the ultimate goal of improving workplace safety. Successful completion of the end-of-course assessment leads to a Certificate of Achievement and constitutes 7 hours of CPD.
The course covers:
- Legal requirements for inspections in quarries
- The written scheme of inspections for quarries
- Hazard identification and inspection techniques
- Using and developing an inspection checklist
- Behavioural safety considerations