International Women in Engineering Day 2019 Event
Organised by the IOM3 Women in Materials group
Sunday 23 June 2019 is International Women in Engineering Day (INWED) and the IOM3 Women in Materials (WIM) Group is hosting an afternoon event on Friday 21 June to celebrate this occasion in the Institute's 150th anniversary year.
The event will be free to attend and be held at the Institute’s HQ at 297 Euston Road, London. There will be mid-afternoon refreshment and the chance to network with other attendees as well as hear from some interesting and inspirational women.
The programme will include:
- Keynote lecture from Professor Serena Best, Professor of Materials Science at Cambridge University and current President of IOM3.
- Career profiles from successful women
- A representative from the Daphne Jackson Trust, which specialises in supporting people going back into scientific research careers following a career break
- Information on various opportunities to become more involved with IOM3
- Refreshments and networking session (sponsored by Zotefoams plc)
All are welcome, men and women, members and non-members.
The event is free to attend but those attending must register.
Registration is available on the link below.