How to edit banners using the banners management screen
Sometimes banners are displayed on a page but are not editable from within the page itself. Here's how to update these.
- Go to https://www.iom3.org/admin/structure/banners/region-4 NOTE: This defaults to sidebar banners - if you want to edit a banner in the "body" section of the page click the "Bottom banners" tab at the top of the page.
- Click the drop-down under “Select a page to manage its banners”
- Find the page whose banners you want to edit - in most cases pages are listed in the website menu structure (e.g. technical community microsite home pages are very near the top) - and click on it. TIP: type the first few letters of the page title when in the drop-down list to skip to pages starting with those letters.
- You then get a list of all banners on the page and you can drag to reorder them or click “edit” adjacent to the one you want to edit. NOTE: If you don't see an "edit" link beside the banner, you don't have permissions to edit this - in this case please contact Richard Cooper stating the page and banner you wish to edit.
To remove a banner:
- From step 4 above, click “edit” next to the title of that banner
- Scroll to the “Pages” section – this lists all the pages that banner is displayed on
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the page from which you wish to remove the banner
- Scroll to the very top of this drop-down selection and click "none"
- Click “save” at the bottom of the form