Starpack Industry Awards 2013 - winners by category
The awards ceremony for the 2013 Starpack Awards took place in July.
Pictured right is the presentation of the Packaging Superstar Award to Dominic Burke of Webb deVlam from David Jago of Mintel for Bombay Sapphire.
Below are the categories for the 2013 Starpack Industry Awards. Each page contains the winners in that category.
- Luxury & Giftware category – including seasonal packaging such as Christmas-gifts or Easter Eggs, or high-end products like perfume or jewellery
- Non Alcoholic and Alcoholic Beverages category – packaging for liquid or dry tea, coffee, soft drinks, wine, beer, spirits etc.
- Food category – all food packaging including fresh, frozen or other
- Pharmaceutical Health & Beauty Care category – includes supplements, cosmetics, perfumes, hair-, body- and oral-care, pharmaceutical and OTC medicines, healthcare & vitamins
- Other categories – any product not captured in the specific categories such as household, home & garden, automotive, toys, clothing, DIY, and electrical
- Pack/Product Integration category – graphic designers and product designers have been creatively inventing new forms of packaging to maximize the function of product packaging
- Graphic Design and Decoration category – graphic and new or existing reproduction techniques that add outstanding value to the pack, aesthetic or other
- Retail Ready / Point of Sale category – end of aisle display units, shelf ready and chilled distribution
- Structural Design category – practical solutions that blend inspiration and creativity into sales-performing product
- Technical Innovation category – the application of technology and creative thinking that benefits the quality of the product contained, its presentation, the raw-materials used, the pack construction – useability, openability, supply chain efficiency convenience in production
- Transit category – packaging designed to ship a product from one place to another. Incorporating Business to Business and Business 2 Consumer, industrial (heavy duty), distribution packaging, direct to front door, internet sales
- Green Star Environment & Sustainability Award – in the Judges' view the idea that best addresses the environmental question
- Packaging Superstar – packs from the various award categories will be put forward for the ultimate award - the best in show.