Macro2010: Polymers in Adhesives
The 43rd IUPAC World Polymer Congress, 'Macro2010', is the latest in the series of the biennial meetings of the IUPAC Polymer Division. The series has been running for several decades and is the largest international multi-symposium conference dedicated to all aspects of polymer science and engineering.
Macro2010 is organised by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and hosted by the Pure and Applied Macromolecular Chemistry Group (Macro Group UK), a joint interest group of the RSC and the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI).
Macro 2010, 11-16 July, 2010, will be held at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC), located in the centre of Glasgow and will have an overall focus on "Polymer Science in the Service of Society". The event covers all aspects of contemporary polymer science and is expected to attract over 1500 delegates. Themes include:
- Delivering New Polymers for Service in Society: Advances in Polymer Chemistry
- Molecular to Macroscopic Behaviour of Polymers
- Sustainability: Renewable Resources and Environmentally-Friendly Polymers
- Polymers in Support of Life
- Functional Polymers for Electronics, Energy and Analysis
- Polymer Science in Everyday Life (Polymers in Adhesives is part of this)
- Advances in Colloidal and Nanosize Polymer Materials
This meeting includes a symposium on "Polymers in Adhesives" on Thursday 15 July. The symposium will address the following subject areas:
- The importance of interfaces and interphases in bonding both polymer and metal substrates
- Aspects of soft synthetic polymer adhesives
- Biological and medical aspects of adhesion, including bio-inspired adhesive design
The programme will include key contributions from Professor Wulff Possart, Professor John Watts and Professor Phillip Messersmith. Further details are shown in the attachment below.
Visit the website www.Macro2010.org for full details of the conference and registration documentation.