RIEG mission statement
The Rubber in Engineering Group, a committee of The Polymer Society, aims to:
- Promote an understanding of and encourage the use of elastomers as engineering materials.
- Organise a programme of technical meetings on engineering uses of elastomers with IOM3 Sections and professional bodies.
- Encourage and facilitate the publication of educational material to promote understanding of the engineering properties of elastomers.
The Rubber in Engineering Group's activities will be of interest to:
- Those who are interested in promoting the use of elastomer products in an engineering environment and who wish to see their unique properties more successfully exploited.
- Those who wish to know more about the benefits of elastomers or elastomer composites with relation to engineering design and their effects on applications and equipment performance.