Professional Graduate (ProfGradIMMM)
The Professional Graduate grade, ProfGradIMMM, is the second step in a graduate's professional journey. It is awarded once the individual has gained two years of relevant working experience, which can include time spent undertaking an internship or in completing a PhD.
Benefits of this grade
Individuals holding this grade enjoy the following bespoke benefits in addition those accessible via the member login and member discounted benefits:
Individuals holding this grade enjoy the following bespoke benefits in addition to those open to all members:
- Receive a member magazine of their choice, such as Materials World or Clay Technology.
- Access to the Content and career development opportunities and supporting tools available through the website member login.
- Are eligible for the member discount on, for example, events and promotions such as books and publications which are made available from time to time.
- Use of the designatory letters 'ProfGradIMMM' after their name.
- Can apply for an Interim Assessment of their professional experience to date for the purposes of Competent Person Registration (CPR) as, for example, a CEng or IEng.
- Access to a Mentor to support their path to CPR.
Hold a master's or bachelor's degree in a subject related to the technical outreach of the Institute and have two years' relevant working experience.
Competent Person Registration (CEng, IEng, CSci, RSci, CEnv)
The Institute is licenced to award professional registration to its members operating as engineering, science and environmental practitioners. Further details on what is required in terms of experience and how to apply can be found on the Professional Registration webpage.
How to apply
Applicants should, in the first instant, submit a copy of their degree(s) certificate, if they do not already hold the GradIMMM grade, in addition to a copy of their CV, to the Membership Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or through our online enquiry form. We can also be contacted by telephone on +44 (0)1476 515761.