The 12th International PVC Conference Returns to Brighton
2014 sees the triennial PVC conference return to Brighton. The conference is the world’s largest and most reputable forum to support the future of PVC globally and is a leading platform for the exchange of information, educational debate and discussion.
The 2011 event welcomed more than 70 presentations and 400 delegates from all over the world including the UK, Europe, North and South America and the Middle East and Far East.
The event has built a reputation for its broad appeal, contrasting speaker content and high quality papers, in which specific industry areas are explored and discussed.
The programme aims to include advances, developments and trends in the following areas:
- Strategy/direction and markets
- Construction applications
- Plastisols and flexible areas
- Processing technology including extrusion, injection moulding and calendaring
- Performance covering Design Innovation, Engineering Properties and Structure,
- Composites, Failure Analysis and Blends
- Heat stabilisation and lubrication
- Additives – property modifiers, fillers, flame retardants, pigments and plasticisers
- Rheology, Modelling and Simulation including flow behaviour, rheological models etc.
- Sustainability including recovery, recycling and social aspects
- Polymerisation and production
PVC 2014 is organised by PVC professionals for the PVC industry in conjunction with IOM Communications Ltd on behalf of the Polymer Society (a division of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining) and the British Plastics Federation. The event is also supported by the European Council of Vinyl Manufacturers and the Society of Plastics Engineers.