Plastic Packaging Tax: Your questions answered
At Budget 2020, the Chancellor announced that the Plastic Packaging Tax will apply at a rate of £200 per tonne of plastic packaging which does not contain at least 30% recycled plastic. This will apply to plastic packaging that has been manufactured or imported into the UK.
A consultation of the proposed tax is currently open and seeking views on the design, implementation, and administration ahead of the tax commencing in April 2022.
In this free webinar we’ll be joined by a representative from HMRC, and a panel of packaging experts to provide:
- An overview of the tax design
- A chance to discuss key proposals
- Highlight the potential implications of the tax across multiple industries
- Answer your questions about the tax and the consultation*
*Please submit questions in advance of the webinar via the registration form.
- Jude Allan, IOM3 Packaging Society Chair
- Mike Swain, Managing Director, Pack IDS Ltd
- Greg Anderson, Managing Director, Pharmacentric Solutions Ltd
- Sarah Greenwood, Packaging Consultant, Greenwood
Further information on the Plastic Packaging Tax can be found here.
If you would like to contribute to IOM3’s response to this consultation, please contact Rachel.Stonehouse@iom3.org
When: Tuesday 14 July 2020, 13:00 - 14:30
Where: Online Zoom Webinar
Please note: This webinar will not be available on-demand.