IOM3 appoints Strategic Advisors
In 2018, the Trustees of IOM3 approved the creation of a new Technical Communities Board (TCB) in place of the existing Industry & Technology Policy Board. This Board is to be made up of seven Strategic Advisors covering the four aspects of the materials cycle including life cycle, extractives, materials and applications.
Past President Martin Cox will be the interim eighth Strategic Advisor pending confirmation. The TCB’s role will be to provide a catalyst for multidisciplinary activity between technical groups of IOM3. The selection process is now complete and we are pleased to announce our new Strategic Advisors.
These are as follows:
- Cynthia Adu, Current EngD student at Cranfield University.
- Bryan Allcock, CEO TRL9 Limited.
- Andy Birtles, Independent Mining Consultant, ANB Mining Ltd.
- James Goddin, Market Development Manager at Granta Design.
- Simon Hogg, Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy in the Department of Materials at Loughborough University.
- Graham Ormondroyd, Head of Materials Research at the BioComposites Centre at Bangor University
- Sophie Parsons, Lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Bath.
- Martin Cox, Director of Business Development at Aberdeen Drilling Management
CEO Colin Church said, ‘I am very excited about how these new Strategic Adviser roles will help IOM3 improve our ability to contribute to the public and media debate. I very much look forward to working with this excellent group of volunteers to promote the importance of materials, minerals and mining to society and to support our members.’
We would like to thank everyone who expressed their interest in joining and would like to congratulate those successful. The members of the TCB will act as part of the IOM3 External Affairs Group supporting commentary on current issues in the media.