Scholarship and Bursary Awards 2020
The Institute is inviting applications for its 2020 Scholarship and Bursary Awards from 1 December 2019.
Applications will be judged in respect of academic excellence. Submissions must specify academic ability – candidates seeking assistance for financial hardship will not be considered.
The awards available are:
- Bosworth Smith Trust Fund – For postgraduate research into metal mining, nonferrous extraction metallurgy or mineral dressing
- Centenary Scholarship – For first or second year undergraduates who are student members of IOM3, to help career development in minerals and mining
- Edgar Pam Fellowship - For postgraduate study of minerals and mining by those living in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK who wish to undertake further study in the UK
- G Vernon Hobson Bequest – To help the teaching and practice of geology applied to mining
- Mining Club Award – For travel purposes for British people engaged in the minerals industry
- Stanley Elmore Fellowship Fund – To support UK university-based research into extractive metallurgy and mineral processing, and
- The Tom Seaman Travelling Scholarship – For a member who is training or has completed training for a mining or related technology career.
Award application forms and full details of the funds for which applications are invited for awards in 2020, may be downloaded from www.iom3.org/content/scholarships-bursaries, or obtained from Cleo Williams at the address given below.
Submissions must be returned by 6 March 2020 to Cleo Williams, Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, 297 Euston Road, London NW1 3AD or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +44(0)2074517365.