Official Opening of the National Materials and Mining Archive
On Tuesday 18 July 2017, the grand opening of the National Materials and Mining Archive of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3) will take place at the IOM3 Grantham Centre.
IOM3 President Martin Cox CEng FIMMM will conduct a ribbon cutting ceremony to commemorate the opening. This will be followed by speeches and time for guests to explore the new resources.
Held at the IOM3 Grantham Centre, the national collection will be conveniently located within five minutes of the A1 and approximately two hours' drive from central London. There are ample car parking facilities outside the site, and Grantham mainline railway station is nearby, with its frequent links to London Kings Cross.
The national collection will incorporate:
- Alan Prince Phase Diagram Collection
- Dunlop Rubber Reports
- Historical Mining Books
- IOM3 Archives
- Manns-Kaufman Library (PHS)
- Mineral and Mining Maps
- Minerals and Mining Library
- Packaging Society Collection
- Paul McIntyre Corrosion Collection
- Peter Jost Tribology Collection
- Tata Steel Swinden Technology Centre Library
- The former David West Library
- Wood Technology Society Collection
Members and non-members are welcome to view the National Materials and Mining Archive by prior arrangement.
To find out more about the opening or the collection please contact us using our online enquiry form, or phone Hilda Kaune on 020 7451 7360.