Plastics Awards open for entry
Entries are being invited for this year’s Plastics Industry Awards (PIAs), which take place at the Hilton on Park Lane in London on Friday 30 September. Launched in 2001 and free to enter, the PIAs are open to supplier companies, OEM manufacturers, plastics processors, consultants, trainees and designers. This year’s gala black tie event will feature two brand new categories: the ‘Supplier Partnership – Materials’ award is open to companies producing, supplying or distributing polymers, additives, colourants or masterbatch products to a customer for a specific project.
Companies are invited to nomiate for the new Unsung Hero Award for a staff member who goes ‘above and beyond the call of duty’ in their day-to-day working life. As well as being presented with a trophy at the awards ceremony, the winner will be treated to a champagne lunch for two at Gordon Ramsay’s Savoy Grill, courtesy of Lawson Keys.
Plastics Industry Awards Categories:
- Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
- Young Designer of the Year
- Consumer Product Design of the Year
- Industrial Product Design of the Year
- Best Recycled Plastic Product
- Best Technology Application of the Year
- Best Training and Development Programme of the Year
- Best Environmental or Energy Efficiency Programme of the Year
- Best Business Initiative of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Processor of the Year
- Supplier Partnership - Ancillary Machinery
- Supplier Partnership –Materials
- Supplier Partnership - Prime Machinery
- Supplier Partnership – Toolmaker
- Personal Contribution Award
Table bookings for the gala dinner and awards ceremony are being taken now. Tickets include a champagne reception, four-course dinner, celebrity awards presentation and after-show entertainment.
Entries must be submitted online by 27 May.