Natural Materials Association launch
The Natural Materials Association (NMA) is the first UK body to represent the breadth of natural materials.
The NMA will form an important bridge to the product design community as well as outreach to schools and higher education. It will also enable greater interaction and networking between individual natural materials communities, and will support the growth of these links across the global membership of IOM3.
A launch event on 19 November will run from 12–6 at 1 Carlton House Terrace, London and includes a programme of prestigious speakers, including:
- Dr Bruce Wood – Director of Centre for Creative Industries, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Keith Spilsbury – Managing Director of The Wool Packaging Company
- Carmen Hijosa – Royal College of Arts
- Gary Botton – Verso Communications
- Neil May – Director of Natural Building Technologies
- Professor Stephen Eichhorn – Head of the Cellulose and Natural Materials Group at Exeter University