PVC 2014 is pleased to announce that Jonathon Porritt CBE and Founder and Director of Forum for the Future has agreed to provide the keynote address at the world’s leading forum for vinyl, held in Brighton. Following his universally acclaimed keynote presentation at the PVC Brighton conference in 2002, he will present his opinions on the sustainability journey so far, giving advice on the direction to take for the future in his address Sustainable Futures: Re-Making the World.
Alongside his primary role within Forum for Future, Jonathon makes valued contributions addressing sustainability across the entire industry, acting as Co-Director of The Prince of Wales's Business and Sustainability Programme, Non-Executive of Willmott Dixon Holdings and Trustee of the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy.
‘It’s becoming clearer and clearer that the prospects for a genuinely sustainable future depend more and more on innovation. In my new book and my PVC 2014 presentation, I will look at what a sustainable world will mean for people in 2050, focussing on the role of technology, innovation and the importance of the bio-economy. This is a challenge for all sectors, but for the chemicals industry in particular.’ – Jonathon Porritt
PVC 2014 is the foremost conference for vinyl, and themes covered will include advances, developments and trends in:
- Strategy/direction and markets
- Construction applications
- Plasticisers and all flexible applications
- Processing technology including extrusion, injection moulding and calendaring
- Performance – covering design innovation, engineering properties and structure
- Heat stabilisation and lubrication
- Additives – property modifiers, fillers, flame retardants, pigments and blowing agents