Scholarship bursary 2014
IOM3 is inviting applications for its 2014 Scholarship and Bursary Awards, judged in respect of academic excellence.
Submissions must specify academic ability, candidates seeking assistance for financial hardship will not be considered.
The available awards are:
- Bosworth Smith Trust Fund. For postgraduate research into metal mining, nonferrous extraction metallurgy or mineral dressing.
- Centenary Scholarship. For first or second year undergraduates who are student members of the Institute, to help career development in minerals and mining.
- Edgar Pam Fellowship. For the postgraduate study of minerals and mining by those living in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK who wish to undertake further study in the UK.
- G Vernon Hobson Bequest. To help the teaching and practice of geology applied to mining.
- Mining Club Award. For travel purposes for British citizens aged 21–35 engaged in the minerals industry.
- Stanley Elmore Fellowship Fund. To support UK university-based research into extractive metallurgy and mineral processing.
- The Tom Seaman Travelling Scholarship. For a member, 35 years or younger, who is training or has completed training for a mining or related technology career.
The closing date is 11 April 2014.